Art Show Preparation
Objective: Using the elements and principles of design, the student will develop two sentences which describes their art show project.
Elements of Design: Color, Line, Shape, Value, Form, Texture, Space
Principles of Design: Unity, Pattern, Balance, Emphasis, Rhythm, Movement, Contrast
Preparing to Impress others!
Step 1 & 2: Video 1
- Choose a project.
- Practice: Write your description (2 complete sentences using 2 art terms correctly). See info below.
What makes an excellent description?
1. Includes all requirements:
Elements of Design:
Color, Line, Shape, Value, Form, Texture, Space
Principles of Design:
Unity, Pattern, Balance, Emphasis, Rhythm, Movement, Contrast
"The hardest part was shading the picture and showing the texture. The most exciting part was drawing the shapes and seeing how they would turn out with the light and dark shading."
"My favorite part of my art work would be the space I used in the paper to separate the objects. The hardest part about it would be the shading and clean lines."
Step 3 & 4: Video 2: Partner Check
Step 5 & 6:
- Go to Canvas - upload photo & type in your sentences
Step 7 & 8:
- Final Step:
- Pottery : Place on cart with white slip inside. Do not bend!
- Flat 2-D artwork: Tape description to bottom of artwork and place on cart. Tape should be on the back!
- Go back to the Final Week and work on unfinished projects and evaluations.