Zentangle Contrast Painting
- The student will develop an animal outline and creatively add zentangle patterns for interest.
- In the background, the student will create a design using a monochromatic color scheme.
Step A: Creating your Zentangle Animals
1. Decide on an animal: Search Google Images
2. Practice Paper: Draw only the animal outline.
3. Show Mrs. C when you are finished.
4. You will receive a final paper to draw your animal on.
5. Final Paper: Draw in pencil first.
6. Final Paper: Trace in sharpie.
7. Final Paper: Write name and class in pencil.
---Show Mrs. C-----------------------------------------------
8. Practice Paper: Using pencil, begin to create divided spaces appropriate for your animal.
9. Final Paper: Draw dividing lines on your final with pencil.
Step B: Patterns
Brainstorm Zentangles for your animal.
Step 1: Show your zentangle practice paper to Mrs. C.
Step 2: Practice drawing: Draw in some of your favorite patterns in pencil on your practice paper.
Step 3: Partner Check: Have a table mate look at your practice drawing.
Step 5: Cut out your animal and throw away your scraps.
Step D: Printed Background - Extra
1. Gather materials: pencil, carving block, carving tool, and zentangle chart paper.
2. Draw one pattern very large on one side of your carving block.
3. Show Mrs. C.
4. Begin to cut away using the carving tool. Clean up your mess.
5. Work on the color wheel.
1. Gather Materials:
3. Use roller to roll ink onto printing block.
6. Create a second printed paper.