Art History Connection: Frida Kahlo
Below are a few examples.
Objective: The student will develop a portrait that communicate something about who they are as a person.
- Decide on your media (material). What will you create your practice and final portrait out of? (pencil, colored pencil, watercolor, paint, charcoal, etc) Select 1 or 2 media.
- Practice drawing the parts of the face: Realistic Portraits
- Write a list of 10 words & symbols that represent you in the sunglasses or in the background.
- Take several photos of yourself with your chromebook. (Be sure to take some with your head at different angles and without showing your teeth.)
- Select a final paper size. 11x18 or bigger
- Begin drawing your final in pencil. Draw lightly!
- Practice your selected material on your practice parts of the face.
- When you feel confident, begin working on your final.