Styles of Art
Objective - Students will learn about 3 different styles of art and apply that knowledge to creating a landscape.
Landscapes Part A
Your grade will be based on the following objectives:
- Students will be able to follow simple web directions.
- Students will be able to draw the basics of a landscape (foreground, middle ground, and background) using size to create dimension.
1. Gather Materials:
- practice paper,
- learn the vocabulary below
- Foreground - Items in the front of the landscape.
- Middle Ground - Those items behind the front but before the back of the artwork.
- Background - Parts of the landscape in the distance.
2. Landscape Practice
- Choose a landscape from the blog link - Landscape Blog Practice
- Draw two landscapes using the blog directions.
- Include the following:
- horizon line and foreground
- middle ground
- back ground
Media Practice-Part B:
Practicing Different Styles:
1. Fold paper in 4 parts and label (view picture below). Video
2. View the styles of art page: Practice with materials and learn about about different styles of art. (Video 1 & Video 2)
-You will create a mixed up landscape that shows two styles. Mrs. C will demonstrate.
3. Relate your practice of media to the styles of art. Which techniques can be used for each style?
Part 2: (Final Paper Drawing)
1. Gather materials: 1 practice paper (white), pencil, eraser, chromebook photo, board if needed.
2. Select a photo from the right to draw.
3. Begin drawing your final. Follow the same drawing order as the practice.
-Be sure to include the following and use clean lines:
Specific Landscape Tutorials:
View the Student Examples: Landscape photos
Part 2: Select the Photo