Art Show Preparation
Objective: Using the elements and principles of design, the student will develop two sentences which describes their art show project.
Elements of Design: Color, Line, Shape, Value, Form, Texture, Space
Principles of Design: Unity, Pattern, Balance, Emphasis, Rhythm, Movement, Contrast
Step 1: Choose project and practice writing 2 sentences.
Step 2: Partner Check & Write your final sentences on a little white slip.
Step 3: Enter your info on the online form below.
Step 4: Place project on the cart with the white slip taped on 2D projects or inside pottery (do not fold).
Step 5: Get back to work on your unfinished projects.
Preparing to Impress others!
- Choose a project.
- Practice: Write your description (2 complete sentences using 2 art terms correctly). See info below.
What makes an excellent description?
1. Includes all requirements:
Description Examples: Scroll to the bottom!
- Show your description to a partner that will help you fix mistakes (grammar and spelling).
- Get a final small white description slip and write out the info with a pen.
Enter your information below to get your points.
- Final Step:
- Pottery : Place on cart with white slip inside. Do not bend!
- Flat 2-D artwork: Tape description to bottom of artwork and place on cart. Tape should be on the back!
- Go back to the Final Week and work on unfinished projects and evaluations.
Great Description Examples
"The hardest part was shading the picture and showing the texture. The most exciting part was drawing the shapes and seeing how they would turn out with the light and dark shading."
"My favorite part of my art work would be the space I used in the paper to separate the objects. The hardest part about it would be the shading and clean lines."
"I chose this project because the shapes of the form are unique. I also picked it because of the movement of the leaves and vines grab your attention." ~ Blue Swirl